Surely, the X2 is no Pro but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t pack a punch. The combination of an upper mid-range SoC, an OLED panel, a premium build, and a versatile quad-camera setup at a regular mid-range price is really hard to ignore when shopping on a budget. And quick market research shows that the choice in this particular price range is rather limited. So it’s probably safe to say that Realme’s aggressive pricing of the standard X2 will bear fruits in the future.
Realme X2 specs
- Body: 158.7 x 75.2 x 8.6mm, 182g; plastic frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back.
- Display: 6.4″ Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2340px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403 ppi; .
- Rear camera: Primary: 64MP, f/1.8 aperture, 1/1.7″ sensor size, 0.8µm pixel size, PDAF. Ultra wide: 8MP, f/2.3, 1/4″, 1.12µm pixels; Macro: 2MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm; Depth sensor: 2MP; 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@480/960fps video recording.
- Front camera: 32MP, f/2.0.
- OS: Android 9 Pie; ColorOS 6.1.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 730G chipset (8 nm), octa-core CPU (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver), Adreno 618 GPU..
- Memory: 6GB/8GB of RAM; 64/128/256GB storage; microSD card slot.
- Battery: 4,000mAh; 30W SuperVOOC Flash Charge 4.0.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; Cat.15 LTE; USB 2.0 Type-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS + GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio.
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; NFC, 3.5mm audio jack.
In addition, the handest boasts some hard-to-find standout features for the €299 price tag. We are talking super-fast 30W charging, flagship-grade haptic feedback, and probably the fastest and most reliable under-display fingerprint around. These features elevate the user experience considerably and complement greatly the rest of the package.
Unboxing the Realme X2
The Realme X2 comes in a well-equipped retail package containing the usual user manuals and a protective, transparent silicone case. There’s also the 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0-enabled charging brick and the accompanying USB-A to USB-C cable also used for data transfers.