Oppo just held a major announcement event where the Find X2, Find X2 Pro, and the Oppo Watch got unveiled. We got to spend a few hours with the all-out flagship phone Find X2 Pro, and we have some early impression to share.
But first, let’s have a quick word on what’s inside the new Find. For starters, there’s a Snapdragon 865, that one goes without saying. A single RAM/storage configuration of 12/512GB will keep everyone happy, and powering all this is a 4,260mAh battery. Nothing too fancy so far.
Cue in the fancy stuff. The Find X2 Pro has a one of a kind camera system with a 48MP primary cam that’s not your run-of-the-mill 48MP cam – it has a much bigger 1/1.43″ sensor and 1.12µm pixels as opposed to the mainstream 1/2.0″ 0.8µm units. If other phones have this sensor on their main cams, the Find X2 has for its ultra wide-angle cam instead of the usual tiny imager. And then there’s the telephoto camera – a 13MP unit with a 5x periscope which is 1x more than the Galaxy S20 Ultra and 5MP more than the P30 Pro.
It doesn’t end there, of course. Oppo pulled no punches when it came to the display – the 6.7-inch AMOLED has a 1440p resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate, and you can have both at the same time, unlike a certain S20 Ultra. The 240Hz touch sampling and HDR10+ capability alongside full DCI-P3 coverage round up a really impressive panel. The one blemish, quite literally, is the cutout for the 32MP selfie cam, but it is what it is.
Oppo Find X2 Pro at a glance
- Body: 165.2×74.4×8.8mm, 207g (Ceramic), 165.2×74.4×9.5mm, 200g (Vegan leather); IP68 rating.
- Screen: 6.7″ AMOLED, 1440x3168px resolution, 19.8:9 (2.2:1) aspect ratio, 513ppi; 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling, HDR10+ support.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865 (7nm+): Octa-core CPU (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB built-in UFS 3.0 storage, no microSD slot.
- OS/Software: Android 10, ColorOS 7.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48MP, 1/1.43″ sensor, 1.12µm pixel size, 25mm equiv. focal length, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, OIS. Telephoto: 13MP, 1/3.4″, 0.8µm, 129mm periscope lens, f/3.0, PDAF, OIS. Ultra wide angle: 48MP, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, 17mm, f/2.2, PDAF. 1080p/30fps video support.
- Front camera: 32MP, f/2.4, 26mm (our estimate), 0.7µm, fixed focus. 1080p/30fps video support.
- Battery: 4,260mAh, 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging support.
- Misc: Optical under-display fingerprint reader; NFC; Stereo loudspeakers.
Camera and display aside, there are other smaller cool bits about the Find X2 Pro. For example, it comes with a 65W charger (technically quite a chunky bit this) inside the box that should fully charge the phone in 38 minutes. There’s also an IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, a first for an Oppo smartphone. Stereo speakers are another checkbox ticked.
Okay, let’s move on to some hands-on-ing, finally